Sunday, September 7, 2008

Missing dolphin alert, pool & sickness

One of the things I was most excited about on the pool was we decided to
get a dolphin mosaic put in it. I love dolphins and thought it would be
fun and something unique for the pool. We got a call Saturday morning
at 7:00 in the morning from the pool builder saying they had lost my
dolphin. He had been looking everywhere for it even driving up and down
the highway seeing if it had fallen off of the trailer between here and
Bentonville. Since I had a yard full of guys ready to start plastering
the pool, it meant we weren't going to get the dolphin. I wasn't happy
but it was either that or wait another week to plaster and we already
had enough delays. While I was on the phone with him, he got a call
from his partner saying they had found the dolphin! I was very excited
and the builder was very relieved!
They finished plastering on Saturday and we got to start filling the
pool on Sunday afternoon. Some of my family came up for the holiday
weekend and the kids got to swim some while it was filling. They got to
swim while it was full on Monday but I didn't manage to get any pictures
of that.
It rained Tues, Wed & Thurs from the hurricane and hasn't warmed up much
since then but the boys have been enjoying it anyway! There's still
lots of clean up and work to be done on it but at least it's swimable
now! Hopefully they'll finish everything up this week.
All but Nathan (including a lot of my family that was here) managed to
get a stomach bug last week. Not fun at all. The boys missed 2 days of
school and I couldn't go back to work until Friday. Jared got it again
Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully we're past that and can have a full week
of school and work this week.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like lots of fun! Can you see the dolphin when the pool's all filled or is it hard to see? Is everyone feeling better. Last time I talked to you, you had all been sick, but I didn't know poor Jared got it again. Goodness! I bet you were ready to scream. Hope it's all gone by now.
We're heading to the doctor at 10 for Megan. She still can't hardly walk and the top of her foot is a little puffy. I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

WOW! It looks awesome and the dolphin is the perfect touch! Cade just got a bedroom to himself and we framed a pic of all the Stuart/Jowers boys for him. He feels so grown up now! Hope you guys are all feeling better. Stomach bugs are nasty!
Becke'